It’s never to early to start thinking about Springtime and making those plans. A great local celebration in Brewster, MA is the 3 day festival which is called Brewster In Bloom. This 3 day event will run from May 5th – 7th of 2023 so start making those plans to attend and don’t miss out.
In 1997, a group of residents planted hundreds of daffodils along Rt. 6A in Brewster, MA to mark the beginning of spring. What a sight to see after a long, cold, gray winter! From this, the Brewster in Bloomsm festival was born. The 3-day festival was organized to celebrate spring, bring residents and visitors to town and offer free events. The first festivals funded the construction of the band-stand at Drummer Boy Park. Since then proceeds benefit the Brewster in Bloomsm grant program providing scholarships to Brewster students and donations to the Elder Brewster Scholarship Fund. More than $5,000 each year is invested in this program.
Brewster in Bloomsm takes place the first weekend in May. Thousands of people will flock to Brewster to participate in this first-of-the-season Cape Cod festival. It’s “one great festival for three great days” when the business community and the Town of Brewster host a variety of main events:
- The 2-day Juried Fine Arts and Crafts Show at the Cape Cod Sea Camps sold out with more than 90 artisan vendors.
- The Cape Cod 5 Bloom Run on Saturday attracting 400 runners each year.
- Kid Fest at Drummer Boy Park offering family-friendly activities.
- The Antiques & Arts Excursion is a weekend long self-guided tour of Brewster’s many fine galleries.
- The Brewster Band’s Friday night concert opens their summer season.
- The Town Parade on Sunday concludes the weekend.
- In addition, open houses and special offers at participating businesses throughout the community lend variety to the festivities.
Brewster in Bloomsm is hosted by the Brewster Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with the Town of Brewster.